Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm not your counterpoint

Alright, I know I said I'd be writing about American Apparel, but I stumbled across this mashup, and it's just too good not to post here.  The guy behind this, The Reborn Identity, has his own website where he posts remixes, bootlegs and mashups.  He also mixes the videos (like here) sometimes.  The best part is, you can download pretty much everything from his website.  It's definitely worth a look, so here's the link!

The Reborn Identity

The song is a mashup of "I'm not your toy" (by La Roux) and "Counterpoint" (by Delphic).  I love La Roux, it packs a huge punch when you listen to her music on your mp3 player, just strolling around the city.  Delphic is my favorite band since last year.  I love their sound, it's the one album I'm never taking off my mp3 player.  Mashups can be disasters, spoiling any song you like on their own, but here...  Here it's good.  This is a german suplex for your ears, literally. 

It's also pretty nice to compare the lyrics/video of both clips.  Both songs talk about relationships; Delphic has a more melancholic feeling attached to it, while La Roux talks about how she doesn't want to be toyed with.  Relationships can be hard to deal with sometimes...  But one thing's for sure: don't mess around with La Roux.

No comments:

Post a Comment